Choosing The Best Freelance Writer For Content Writing
Content is king
Content is king and well written content not only attracts customers but also helps in getting high rankings on the major search engines like Google, MSN and Yahoo. Without original text content, most search engines will be unable to match search terms to the content of a site. Therefore, it becomes very important to choose the best content provider you can to write the content of your website or marketing materials. There are many freelance writers available on and offline who offer excellent freelance writing services at affordable prices. Many of them specialize in writing SEO (search engine optimized) web content whereas others may write on anything and everything. Here are some basic criteria one must keep in mind while selecting a content provider.
How to choose a content provider
Here are some basic things one must keep in mind while selecting a content provider.
- Command over the language: It is very important that the content provider should have a strong command over the English language and a strong hold over the semantic rules. Poor grammar not only creates a bad impression but also adversely affects the content value. To write a content rich copy it is very important to have a good vocabulary as that allows the provider to express your thoughts clearly and precisely.
- Experience in content writing: Only a provider with considerable experience can develop content that is appealing to the end user and also meets the criteria of search engines. Most of the experienced content providers have a working knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) and know the potential targeted keywords offer in improving the ranking of the website. The content they provide can help in increasing your conversion rate significantly.
- Quality of the content: A reputable content provider can develop quality content that is free of grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, or typos. Make sure the content provider you choose is a specialist in your area of expertise, OR has the capability to research your industry thoroughly so that they can speak intelligently about your issues. Powerful content can boost your business! A good content provider should be able to assist you with writing books, writing eBooks, writing articles, developing or refining marketing content, copywriting, writing screenplays and fiction writings such as stories, as well as essays and white papers.
Fees, service, and your needs
When searching for a content provider you must consider the needs of your company, your company budget, and finally, the expertise and reputation of the content provider. There are many types of writers: article writers, book writers, content writer, copy writers, essay writers, travel writers, news writers, and even copywriters. They are all writers, but they aren’t all “the right” writer for your business. Not everyone can write copy. Not everyone has the ability to sell others on your business, your service, or your products. You should ask yourself (and any potential content providers) the following questions to make sure that you are making the best decision for your business.
- Can the content provider meet tight deadlines?
- What’s the quality of work on their site or portfolio? Can you see samples or examples of similar work?
- Do the company’s previous clients believe they are reliable?
- Will they agree to a signed contract that spells the working relationship and your project out in clear detail?
- Do they ask questions to make sure they understand your needs?
- Do they offer suggestions that complement your ideas?
- Can they write for an offline audience as well as an online audience?
Once you have a clear idea of what your needs are and what you are looking for in a content provider, it’s time to locate qualified candidates. You can find copywriters by asking colleagues for recommendations, by visiting forums that cater to writers, and by doing a search online for phrases like “copywriter for hire” and “copywriter rates”.